К основному контенту

Article 2. How my writing has changed?

Legal Academic Writing | RostrumLegal

How my writing has changed?

Our class of academic writings soon will end. It’s has been a really worthy work that has taught me a lot, I’ve gained some experience, definitely enriched my vocabulary and done hips of exercises. Therefore, it’s a high time to give a synopsis of what has altered throughout the year. In addition to it, I’d like to tell why it is important to have sublime skills of writing. 

These days it goes without saying that it’s a crucial thing to have fairly good skills of writing. Why? Because from the cradle to the grave we are to produce our thoughts and these notions can manifest in verbal or writing format. We will write all our life, from small papers like messages to the more complicated ones like theses. Thus, it is important to have this kind of class by virtue of it helps us not only to express our feelings and thoughts on paper but also to be comprehended by others and that is what we all are seeking. 

My previous essay can provide an apt backdrop how my writing skills have changed. First of all, I studied the structure (Intro; main body; conclusion) and found out that it is important that an essay is composed of five paragraphs. I’ve likewise learnt how to write a good thesis statement that it can’t be too broad and contains only crucial information. Also, we have studied some unique techniques of how to end our essay. Natalya Yurievna has shown us really worthy sources such as Ngram or the writing centre. They can help us to write our father essays. There are far more things we have studied that I’m not mentioning here. Moreover, this academic year I beat my personal record of my previous length of essays and I have written my first a 900-word essay

Speaking of my weak points, personally for me it is important to learn new words try to enrich my vocabulary overall. I will work on that more. Also, I have some problems with my grammar, but I think I will figure it out too. 

     Ultimately, it was a pleasure to be enrolled in such course. Although I still have my weak points, but without making mistakes we can’t be taught. My classmates and I have made a fantastic progress, and it has been a productive year of studying and it inspires to me write more.

Комментарии

  1. Этот комментарий был удален автором.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. A plagiarism report is attached: https://smallseotools.com/view-report/36587b31670e44931af16451dfc10abc

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. I'm sorry I've just checked your essay for plagiarism again, and none was detected. I need to study in more detail how plagiarism checkers work to make sure they give the correct information. I'm really puzzled about the whole situation. My apologies

      Удалить
  3. Sergey,

    you have analysed the changes in your writing really well and enumerated some of the important changes that have taken place in your writing. Your analysis shows your good understabding of different aspects of writing and their contribution to success in it overall. Your essay about Polyphasic Sleep is really impressive and shows how much your writing skills have developed by now. I hope that based on this foundation you will be able to improve your writing skills further in the future and wish you good luck with it!

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы

    1. Content: 5
      Organisation: 5
      Mechanics: 5
      Language: 5
      References: 5

      Удалить
    2. Thank you so much for your feedback! It was a pleasure to work with you.

      Удалить
    3. It was a pleasure to work with you too! Good luck with passing the tests and exams! And of course good luck with all your future plans:)!

      Удалить

Отправить комментарий

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Task 1 The article summary

          The article " ‘ I gave away our stuff’: the minimalists doing more with less" written by  Jo Thornhill   published in the Guardian 29/09/2019 is devoted to the discussion of decluttering and unconscientious consumption.            First, the author explains that more and more people are heading towards minimalistic approach of life. They live with less, can have substantial benefits for the environment and people’s state of mind, as well as their finances. He gives an example of Georgina Caro who  downsized the family home, gave away three-quarters of their possessions and now thinks much more carefully about every purchase. As a result, Caro and her partner, Phil Warne, who live in Cornwall with their two young children, no longer have any short-term debts and have halved their mortgage.           Than the journalist draws the readers' attention to the fact that minimalism doesn't mean that you denying yourself accommodation, it means you buy less thi

EDUCATED: A MEMOIR ​ BY TARA WESTOVER

For  my English reading class I have chosen a book which is called ' Educated: a memoir' , which was written by Tara Westover.                Actually, I have chosen this very book because it was recommended by Bill Gates in his  blog . I was hooked by this very phrase   Bill: ‘I thought I was pretty good at teaching myself—until I read Tara Westover’s memoir Educated. Her ability to learn on her own blows mine right out of the water.’​    As we can see on the book cover there's a pencil which is symbolised education and in this pencil there's a mountain, to my mind, it refers to both 2 things, firstly the mountain shows how hard is to be educated yourself (one of the themes in this book) and secondly, the author pays a lot of attention to mountains and nature itself, where the main character (=author) was raised.         The issue of liberal education is one of the main ones in this book. Tara: ‘Everything I had worked for, all my years of study, had been t